This research is funded by the Hinkley Center for Solid and Hazardous Waste Management (HCSWHM) with support through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). Below are documents associated with each of these projects. These projects are collaborative between the University of Miami and the University of Florida
PFAS Releases from Landfills in Florida (funded by the HCSHWM)
- Project Abstract and Contacts
- Technical Awareness Group (TAG) Meetings
- TAG Members
- Latest Progress Report for this active project.
- Project Report from prior Hinkley Research project focused on PFAS in landfill leachate. The first project focused on 5 landfills. The second one focuses on 38 landfills in Florida. The description of the paper that was published from this work is available here.
- Final Report has been provided for the TAG for review and a final report to be submitted to the Hinkley Center by November 30, 2021. Report will be released on this webpage once the papers from this study are published in peer-reviewed journals.
A Systems-Based Approach to Understand the Role of Waste Type, Management Strategies and Treatment Methods on the Occurrence, Source, and Fate of PFAS in landfills (funded by the U.S. EPA, Dr. Tim Townsend, PI)